Time for some crispy fries with hot gravy and squeaky cheese!
Poutine (Canadian Fries with Gravy and Cheese Curd)
Recipe type: Appetizer, Snack
The first time we tried this Canadian & Midwestern specialty, my husband and I were in Wisconsin (the land of cheese and beer). After a brewsky or two, on came the poutine! I was hesitant to try until I saw this dish in person, smelled it for myself, and saw the melty cheese...I was immediately in love.
- vegetable oil for frying or bake until crispy on a greased baking sheet
- 1 (approx. 10 oz.) can beef gravy
- 5 medium potatoes , cut into fries (or 1 bag of 24-32 oz.)
- 2 cups cheese curds
- salt to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven or fryer.
- Prepare the fries.
- Transfer crispy fries to an oven safe serving dish.
- Top with the gravy and cheese curds.
- Toss in the oven for 3-5 minutes.
- Top with the parsley and serve!