Light, fresh and creamy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. We devoured this batch in a 1 day! Why buy store bought!?
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Author: Meredith Lacie Fuller
Recipe type: Appetizer
So quick and easy! This is the way hummus should taste.
- 1 can chickpeas / garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt or ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Strain the chickpeas and give them a quick rinse under cold water.
- Add the olive oil, garlic clove and salt and red pepper to the food processor.
- Chop/grind for a minute or until fairly smooth.
- Add the chickpeas and blend again until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving dish and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving with your favorite dippers!
You don't have to use toasted pita or pita chips for hummus! We use tortilla chips or fresh veggies as dippers! Yum.