What a great way to make a homemade mac n cheese, if you’ve got the patience! Thanks to Laura with realmomkitchen.com for this recipe.
Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
Author: Laura, realmomkitchen.com
Recipe type: Entree
- 8 oz. dry elbow macaroni
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1½ cups whole milk
- ¼ cup of butter, melted
- 1 tsp. salt
- dash of pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 20 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, grated (about 5 cups)
- dash of paprika
- Cook macaroni according pkg. directions and drain.
- Spray a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add the macaroni, evaporated milk, milk, butter, salt, pepper, eggs and all but ½ cup of the grated cheese to the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Sprinkle the reserved ½ cup of cheese over the top of the mixture and then sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 3 hours.
- Turn off the slow cooker, stir the mixture and serve hot.