This is a well prepared Mexican dish by our Featured Foodie, Jenny with savourthesensesblog.com!
Chicken Spinach Enchiladas Verde
Author: Jenny, savourthesensesblog.com
Recipe type: Entree
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 can diced tomatoes (partially drained)
- 1 can white kidney beans (drained)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 (6 oz.) bag baby spinach
- 1 can verde enchilada sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Bake the chicken breasts until almost cooked through (about 25 minutes), then shred the chicken.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan and sautee the onion until slightly soft (about 3 minutes).
- Add the can of tomatoes (with juices), lime juice, sour cream, and taco seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stir in the chicken, spinach and drained white beans, then reduce heat to low and let simmer (about 20 minutes).
- Place the tortillas between two damp paper towels and steam in the microwave until soft (about 15 second).
- Fill each tortilla with ⅙ of mixture, wrap and place in a greased casserole dish.
- Top enchiladas with verde sauce and pepper jack cheese.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes. Then remove cover and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes to finish.
- Serve with guacamole.