Taco Bell’s latest hit in a homemade casserole form. Just as tasty and almost as fast…ready in half an hour. Thank you Lauren at healthy-delicious.com for this creation!
"Doritos Locos" Taco Bake
Author: Lauren, healthy-delicious.com
Recipe type: Entree
- 24 baked doritos, plus more for serving
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 2 tbps. taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup hot salsa (she likes to use equal parts hot salsa and ghost pepper salsa)
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Optional: additional toppings such as jalapenos, sour cream, olives, or guacamole
- Heat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add the onion, garlic and jalapenos. Saute 5 minutes, or until soft. Add meat and taco seasoning. Cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, for about 5 minutes. Add beans and salsa. Mix well and continue to cook until salsa thickens.
- Line the bottom of a casserole pan with tortilla chips, pressing down on them lightly to break them into bite-sized pieces. Spread the meat and bean mixture over the chips and top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and gooey.
- Cut into 8 servings. Top as desired. Scoop up with additional chips.