With the ingredients for our pita pockets, I used things that I happened to have on hand in my fridge. Remove ingredients that you don’t care for, replace some, add more! Anything goes and let me tell you, these were so simple to make and super refreshing to eat on a hot summer night!
Leftover Hamburgers Turned Greek Pita Pockets
Author: Meredith Fuller
Recipe type: Entree
- 4 mini pita cut in half and toasted or warmed
- Spinach (use as much or as little as you prefer)
- Feta cheese crumbles to taste
- Hummus to taste
- Red onion, sliced to taste
- Greek or Italian dressing to taste
- 2-4 leftover hamburgers, cut in to pieces
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- You'll need to preheat a saute pan over medium heat with a little olive oil.
- Sea salt and oregano the chopped hamburger and place in the hot pan.
- All that you really need to do is heat through. They'll get slightly crisp along the edges. Yum.
- Now, stuff the pockets with equal amounts of burger and follow with remaining ingredients!
- If you have picky eaters, set up a "make your own" bar.
- Serving size: enough for 1 hungry husband and his pregnant wife!