our take on chicken cordon bleu transformed into a phenomenal sandwich recipe. see recipe
Tag: chicken cordon bleu
- 2 cups dry pasta
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups croutons, crushed
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites, whisked
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. water
- 6 slices of smoked ham, thinly sliced
- 6 Swiss cheese slices, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp. honey mustard dressing
- Wash and pat dry chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over chicken; set aside.
- Combine seasoned crouton crumbs and parmesan cheese in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Whisk together egg whites and water in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg white mixture, and drain.
- Place 1 breast half in bag; seal and shake to coat.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Remove and transfer to a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Top each breast half with 2 ham slices and 2 cheese slices.
- Prepare pasta according to packaging instructions.
- Bake chicken for 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
- Drain pasta.
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Toss with pasta, olive oil and honey mustard dressing.
- Serve with a veggie of your choice!