What a great way to make a homemade mac n cheese, if you’ve got the patience! Thanks to Laura with realmomkitchen.com for this recipe. see recipe
This easily prepared macaroni and cheese dish will not disappoint. Layer the ingredients for wonderful flavor throughout. Serves 6-8! see recipe
- 1/4 pound elbow macaroni or shells
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and drained broccoli
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cook the macaroni and drain.
- Preheat Oven to 375°F
- In a pot over medium heat, mix flour and melted butter with whisk.
- Add milk and stir.
- Pour mixture over macaroni and stir in shredded cheese until evenly dispersed, mix in cooked broccoli. sprinkle a little extra cheese on top.
- heat in oven for 20-25 minutes or until top is golden.