With the weather warming up, we felt like having a refreshing pasta salad to accompany our grilled pork chops. see recipe
We just moved into our first house, and our next door neighbors brought us fresh squash from their garden… see recipe
What a great way to make a homemade mac n cheese, if you’ve got the patience! Thanks to Laura with realmomkitchen.com for this recipe. see recipe
Had some extra tomatoes lying around, so we whipped this together. Delish!
How to make a simple chicken chow/lo mein dish at home! Better than take-out and lower sodium! see recipe
Spring is in the air! Time to get back to the farmer’s market and pick up some local produce! see recipe
I was recently at NYC Eataly with my hubby and we picked up a couple of bags of this really cool pasta that we’d never seen before. see recipe
- 2 cups dry pasta
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups croutons, crushed
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites, whisked
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. water
- 6 slices of smoked ham, thinly sliced
- 6 Swiss cheese slices, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp. honey mustard dressing
- Wash and pat dry chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over chicken; set aside.
- Combine seasoned crouton crumbs and parmesan cheese in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Whisk together egg whites and water in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg white mixture, and drain.
- Place 1 breast half in bag; seal and shake to coat.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Remove and transfer to a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Top each breast half with 2 ham slices and 2 cheese slices.
- Prepare pasta according to packaging instructions.
- Bake chicken for 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
- Drain pasta.
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Toss with pasta, olive oil and honey mustard dressing.
- Serve with a veggie of your choice!
Store bought gnocchi with a simple rose sauce. Definitely not low cal, but it can be ready in minutes! see recipe
This will feed a family of 5! Delicious pasta recipe with cream sauce.
Hot garlic is to die for! I tried it at a garlic festival recently, but you can find it at natural food stores or farmers markets!
Here’s a recipe for Hot Garlic Pasta!
Here’s a quick and simple recipe for tonight’s dinner that will cost under $5! Serves 4.
Pasta is a Simple Recipe staple! There’s just so much that you can do with it. Check out our list of traditional and innovative pasta sauces and pasta-toss-ins. see recipe