I’m part Sicilian, so I thought I should represent a little of Sicilia’s culinary magic with this big pot of stew. see recipe
Here’s a fantasticly simple vegetarian stew recipe from our Featured Foodie, Jenny at Savour the Senses Blog! see recipe
Slow cooker recipe, perfect fall or winter recipe! Toss it in the slow cooker for a few hours on medium, or all day on low.
- 1 lb. beef, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 can water
- 1 small can tomato paste
- Depending on how quickly you’d like the stew ready, set to preferred temp.
- Add meat and give it a good sear.
- Toss all remaining ingredients in the slow cooker and stir well.
- Serve over noodles, rice or with a big chunk of fresh bread!