A no-hassle eggplant parmigiana prepared and ready in less than an hour.
- olive oil cooking spray
- 3 eggplants
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups pasta sauce of your choice
- fresh basil, chopped
- sliced mozzarella
- 1/4 cup parmesan-reggiano cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a cooking sheet with olive oil spray
- Slice each eggplant into 3/4 inch thick slices and place on baking sheet. Season eggplant with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove slices from baking sheet and place on plate to cool.
- Lower oven to 350°F.
- In a 9×13″ baking dish add 2 cups pasta sauce. Place eggplant and top with remaining pasta sauce and some basil. Place one slice of mozzarella over each slice of eggplant. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Place in oven and bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly brown.
makes 4 servings