Fried Green Tomatoes made easy! Serves 4
- 2 large green tomatoes
- 8 oz ball of fresh burrata cheese (or fresh mozzarella)
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze (or reduced balsamic see sauce)
- 1 cup ready made fry batter (or see batter recipe)
- 1 cup olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Slice cold tomatoes approx 3/4 ” thick.
- Prepare batter according to instructions.
- Sautee red onions in 2 tbsp oil over med/high heat 2-3 mins.(reserve the remaining oil for later).
- Add extra oil to pan over med/high heat.
- Coat tomatoes with batter.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side (or until crispy texture/golden color). Remove tomatoes from pan and transfer to paper towel layers to soak grease for 1-2 mins.
- Slice burrata cheese into chunks. Stack cheese on tomatoes, onion on cheese, and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Serve with or over warm crustini.