Chili Cheese Fries [Healthy-ish]
Semi homemade recipe for chili cheese fries! Everyone’s favorite! OK, so it’s not the healthiest, but by adding more beans and baking the fries….helps cut down fat and calories a bit. Serves 6.
- 1 can of your favorite chili
- 1 can of plain chili beans
- approx. 2 cups (1 bag) of shredded cheddar jack
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 bag frozen fries (your choice)
- Preheat oven to appropriate temp. (according to fries packaging). Place fries on baking sheet and place in oven.
- In a medium pan, add beans and chili and heat covered over medium for 5-10 minutes and then reduce to simmer while fries cook.
- When fries are finished, remove from oven and immediately plate.
- Top with chili, cheese, and onion.
- Cheese will melt on its own, or pop in microwave for 30 seconds.