bring the vibe of a hip and trendy restaurant to your dinner table! Serves 2.
- 2 New York strip steaks
- 1 cup red wine
- 3/4 cup freshly brewed strong black coffee
- 1/2 tsp. chopped rosemary
- pinch dried crumbled thyme
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 to 3 tsp. cracked black pepper
- Combine the wine, espresso or strong coffee, rosemary, thyme, and a dash of ground black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt in a large glass bowl.
- Add the steaks and turn to coat well. Cover bowl and marinate in the fridge for at least an hour up to 4 hours max.
- Heat the grill (outdoor is best, but indoor grill ok)
- Remove steaks from the marinade, let excess drip back into the bag.
- Discard the marinade.
- Sprinkle the strip steaks with the remaining cracked pepper.
- Place the steaks on the grill over medium high heat.
- You’ll want to grill for approx. 5 minutes each side, but surely prepare to your preference.