Crawfish Etouffee made simple.
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup mixed peppers (frozen Ok)
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 6 chopped green onions
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 tsp. garlic, pressed
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 lb crawfish tails with fat (best in season)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp. Creole seasoning (any Cajun seasoning is good)
- 1/4 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 2 cups white rice
- Prepare rice according to packaging instructions.
- Melt butter in pot (medium/high heat).
- Add onions, garlic, peppers and cayenne pepper.
- Saute until onions are transparent, up to ten minutes.
- Stir in flour for about one minute.
- Add crawfish, stir for another minute.
- Add water and stir constantly.
- Allow it to come to a boil.
- Stir in chicken bullion cubes, salt, pepper, mushrooms and creole seasoning.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add chopped green onions.
- Serve hot with a scoop of rice on top!