Hamburgers with a Greek twist!
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 slices green tomato
- 4 ciabatta sandwich rolls, sliced horizontally
- 1 (8 oz) package feta cheese, sliced
- 8 baby arugula leaves
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate with veggie oil.
- Mix the ground lamb, ground beef, mint, ginger, garlic, 1 salt, and pepper in a large bowl until just combined.
- Divide evenly into four portions and gently shape in to large patties.
- Set aside.
- Mix Greek yogurt, lemon zest, 1 clove garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Cook the lamb and beef patties on the preheated grill until the burgers are to your liking. Place the slices of onion and tomato on the grill. Cook until lightly charred, about 1 minute on each side.
- Spread yogurt sauce over the sliced ciabatta rolls. Assemble each burger by placing the patty on the the roll, and dividing the feta cheese slices over the patties. Top with a slice of grilled tomato, grilled onion, and 2 leaves of arugula, followed by the top half of the roll.