Garlicky spaghetti squash recipe. Makes a fantastic side or main course for vegetarian meal.
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped (red or white onion OK)
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a deep baking sheet.
- Place spaghetti squash cut sides down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven, and allow to cool for 5-10minutes.
- Saute onion in oil for five minutes.
- Add garlic, and saute for a few more minutes.
- Mix in the tomatoes, and saute for two minutes.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash, and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss with the sauteed vegetables, feta cheese, olives, and basil.
- Serve warm.