A crispy salad with sweet Asian pears, crunchy pecans, creamy Roquefort cheese, and tangy dressing!
Roquefort Pear Salad
- 1 head leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2-3 Asian pears, cored and sliced
- 5 oz. Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and sliced or cubed
- ¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup pecans
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp. white sugar
- 1½ tsp. prepared mustard
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp. salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Saute the ¼ cup of sugar with the pecans over medium low.
- Stir constantly for a couple of minutes or until the pecans become caramelized.
- Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper.
- Cool, and break into bits.
- For the dressing, blend oil, vinegar, 1½ teaspoons sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, layer lettuce, pears, blue cheese, avocado, and green onions. Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with pecans, and serve.