Meatless Monday recipe idea! Tostadas for four.
- 1 dozen corn tortillas
- 2 cans refried beans or black beans
- 1 cup cheddar jack cheese
- 1/4 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups lettuce, chopped
- salsa or hot sauce, optional
- 1/2 cup canola oil for frying
- Heat the beans (according to packaging) and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, and fry both sides of the tortillas until golden in color.
- Place the fried shells on a plate with a few paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Layer each shell with beans, lettuce, cheese, onion, and a little hot sauce on top.