Delicious Mexican adobo chicken recipe! Not too spicy!
Grilled Adobo Chicken
Recipe type: Dinner
- 5-6 chicken breasts, boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. ancho chili paste
- 1 tbsp. lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder or flakes
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tbsp. achiote powder, A dark red, tart tasting powder made from annotto seed.
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and set aside in a a deep baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the salt, cumin, anchiote powder, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, lemon pepper, veggie oil, and ancho chili paste.
- It should be a thick paste texture.
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium high.
- Paint both sides of the chicken with the paste.
- Grill both sides until cooked through, since you have butterflied the breasts, it won't take very long, but always check the temperature or slice down the center and take a peek.
- Squeeze lime juice over the chicken and serve!