Hannukkah is just around the corner! Here’s a recipe to get you in the spirit!
Recipe type: Appetizer, Side Dish
Perfect for any Hannukkah gathering or for those of you with latke love!
- 1 large Idaho style potato, peeled
- 1 small white onion peeled,
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. matzo meal
- 4 tbsp. flour
- veggie oil for frying
- Shred the potato and onion.
- Squeeze the Transfer to a strainer and set aside for a few minutes.
- Squeeze the liquids out of the potato mixture.
- In a bowl, mix the matzo, flour, salt and pepper with a spoon.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil.
- Drop packed tbsp. of the potato mixture into the skillet and flatten them with a spatula.
- Cook the latkes over moderately high heat until the edges are golden.
- Cook until golden on both sides.
- Place cooked latkes on a layer of paper towels to remove excess grease.
- Before serving, place in the oven (preheated at 375F) for 15 minutes on a greased baking sheet.
- Flip halfway through baking in the oven.