Yummy! Try this sweet strata recipe! Great for those special mornings.
French Toast Strata
Recipe type: Breakfast
Great holiday or Christmas morning Recipe!
- 16 slices of white bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 8 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- Coat a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Toss in the bread.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and eggs with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the milk, half-and-half, maple syrup, and vanilla; mix until smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the top of the bread cubes, cover, and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight if you want less work in the morning.
- Place the dish on the counter at room temperature while the oven is preheating.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until set.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar or warm maple syrup just before serving.