Eggplant stacked with tomato, basil, and a rich and creamy dollop of cheese.
Grilled Eggplant Towers
You'll need a indoor grill for this recipe!
- 1 eggplant
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive olive oil
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- cup freshly grated romano cheese
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 3 garlic cloves, shredded with fine cheese grater
- Fresh basil for garnish
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Slice eggplant, toss with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss the eggplant on a preheated grill and cook for about 5 minutes on an electric grill.
- In a separate bowl, mix the grated cheese, garlic, mayonnaise and a dash of pepper.
- Arrange the grilled eggplant on a plate.
- Top each slice with a slice of tomato and a spoon of the cheese mixture and then garnish with a leaf or two of basil.
- Optional finishing touch: Drizzle with a little more olive oil, and sprinkle with a tad more salt and pepper.
- Serve with a basket of hot crusty bread!
The eggplant can be served, hot or chilled!