Thank you to our Featured Foodie, healthy-delicious.com, for this simple warm salad recipe. A great, healthy option for those you of with New Years resolutions.
Warm Couscous Salad with Feta and Mint
Recipe type: Side
- ¾ cup Water
- ½ cup Israeli Couscous
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons minced Red Onion
- 1 small Zucchini, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Greek Feta Salad Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons chopped Fresh Mint
- Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan set over high heat. Add the couscous and cover the pot. Reduce heat and simmer couscous for 8 minutes, or until water has been absorbed and couscous is cooked through. Remove from heat.
- While the couscous is cooking, heat a skillet over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the oil. Heat the oil for a minute or two, and add the onion. Cook for 1 minute, then add the zucchini. Cook 3-4 minutes, until vegetables are softened.
- Toss together the cooked couscous, vegetables, dressing, and mint. Season with pepper.
wow this sounds good. I’ll make it this week!