Mmm…just made this sesame enhanced eggplant with a kick minutes ago. LOVE!
Asian Eggplant Side Dish (mild-medium heat)
Author: Meredith Fuller
Recipe type: Asian, Side Dish
- 1 small-medium asian eggplant, chopped into small bites
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. light soy sauce
- ½ tsp. red chili flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- dash of sea salt
- Heat the oils over medium heat.
- Mix in the eggplant and stir well, to really coat all sides.
- Toss in the sesame seeds, garlic, and red chili flakes.
- Give it another stir.
- Drizzle the eggplant with the soy sauce.
- Stir again. Once the eggplant has absorbed the soy sauce, add about 4 tbsp. water
- Stir, cover, and finish cooking with the lid closed.
- It should take just about 2-3 minutes.
- Finish off with a dash of sea salt once you have plated the eggplant.