Traditional Mexican cheese enchiladas for the whole family!
- 1 dozen corn tortillas
- 1 can (16 oz) mild red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 3 cups shredded jack cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ½ white onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. mild green chiles
- oil of for frying
- Lightly fry each side of the tortilla, so that they can still be rolled.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Mix the green chiles and cheese together.
- Mix the tomato paste, enchilada sauce, and diced onion together and add 3 tbsp. water and stir until smooth.
- Pour half of the sauce into the bottom of the pan.
- Start rolling the enchiladas, by adding approx. 2 tbsp. cheese in each tortilla.
- Arrange neatly in the baking pan.
- Top with the remaining sauce and then with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and cooked through.
Cheese enchiladas drenched in a mild ranchero sauce.