Homemade breakfast sandwiches are quite the staple in our house and making your own sausage is the way to go!
Homemade Breakfast Sausage
Author: Meredith Fuller
Recipe type: Breakfast, Sandwich
How to make sausage patties.
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup finely chopped red or white onion
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Combine the pork, oregano, salt, and onion in a bowl.
- Mix with your hands.
- Once all of the ingredients are blended well, form patties that will fit in the palm of your hand.
- Make sure to pack them well, so they don't fall apart on the stove.
- Heat the oil on a skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook the sausage patties until cooked through and both sides are browned with crisp edges.
- If you are making the breakfast sandwiches, remove the sausage and crack enough eggs for the sandwiches.
- Break the yolks gently and flip once the egg has cooked for a minute or two.
- Top with cheese and cover for optimal melting!
- Toast your biscuits or muffin.
- Sandwich them all together and enjoy!