This delicious Portuguese recipe is brought to you by our Featured Foodies, A Couple in the Kitchen! Our friend Becky in WA was looking for a clam recipe, and we thought this would be a good one to try. If the linguica is not for you, this recipe holds up without it.
Steamed Clams with Linguica
Recipe type: Entree
- ½ pound linguica, cut in rounds on the bias
- 2 pounds littleneck clams
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- handful of fresh cilantro, torn
- ¾ cup white wine, preferably Portuguese
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Put linguica, clams, garlic and cilantro into a large pot.
- Pour in white wine and water and then add salt.
- Put the lid on and cook over high heat so that the clams steam open.
- Serve over rice and with a good Portuguese wine to enjoy a simple, traditional Portuguese meal.