If you can find fresh strawberries in your area, I highly recommend making this trifle!
Strawberry Angel Food Cake Trifle
This trifle recipe is perfect for tea parties, birthday parties, or bridal/baby showers. It's such a pretty dish.
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 8 cups cubed angel food cake (1 average angel food cake)
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Garnish Redi Whip and more strawberries.
- Whip the pudding, milk, and whipping cream in a bowl until thickened.
- Spread a layer of the pudding mixture around the perimeter at the bottom of the trifle dish.
- Place a layer of cake at the bottom.
- Layer the strawberries around the bottom (on top of the cream mixture and on top of the cake.
- Spread another layer of the cream, cake , strawberries and repeat until you reach the top.
- Spread the whipped cream over the top and garnish with strawberries.