Tabbouleh salad, the Lebanese way! Healthy, flavorful, and gorgeous side dish. Pairs well with chicken, fish, or even steak!
Recipe type: Side, Salad, Lebanese
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1⅔ cups boiling water (according to bulgar packaging instructions)
- juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup freshly chopped mint
- 1-1½ cups chopped fresh parsley
- 3 baby carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 cucumber - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Drizzle with a little extra olive oil
- Pour boiling water over the bulgar, cover and set aside for about an hour while the rest of the salad ingredients come together.
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, herbs, carrots, cucumber, and tomatoes in a bowl. Stir gently.
- Cover and store in the fridge to let flavors set.
- Combine the bulgar with the salad ingredients.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Pepper to taste, optional.