This soup is so creamy it couldn’t possibly be good for you, BUT IT IS! Key ingredient: CUMIN SEED. Medium kick! VEGAN!
Best Black Bean Soup (EVER)
Author: Meredith Fuller
Recipe type: Soup, Latin
I'm proud to put my name on this recipe. It's so simple to make and absolutely delicious. The hubby and I just love it. Try it!
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 can water
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp. fresh jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin seed, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- sliced avocado or salsa, optional garnish
- When opening the cans of black beans, slightly strain some of that excess liquid through the lid.
- Pour the beans in the food processor and blend until they are smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Slowly pour in the beans.
- Add the water.
- Stir well.
- Toss in the spices (cumin, cayenne, chili powder, and salt).
- Bring to a soft boil, and reduce to a simmer, and cover.
- Add the jalapeno and onion.
- Stir again.
- and cook for a few additional minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Garnish with a little fresh cilantro and chopped green onion.