During our recent “cleanse”, we really developed a liking for tofu…
Chipotle Tofu Steaks
Author: Meredith Fuller
Recipe type: Vegetarian
This recipe is flavorful and delicious! I served this over brown rice with a side salad.
- 2 tbsp. veggie oil
- 1 package extra firm tofu, drained
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- 3 tbsp. chipotle paste
- Place the tofu on a plate, top with a plate and weigh it down with something heavy.
- This will help drain extra liquids.
- After fifteen minutes, remove all excess liquid, and cut the tofu into steaks.
- Mix the oil, onion powder, salt, and chipotle paste.
- Paint onto the tofu steaks.
- Preheat a grill pan.
- Grill steaks for a few minutes on each side.
- For a crispier outer layer place in the oven for 20 minutes on a greased baking sheet.
Picture from Kirsten's Kitchen to Yours Blog.