Gluten Free, Crust-less, Vegan, no added sugar baked dessert?
Sugar-Free Apple Bake (GF)
Author: Meredith Fuller
Recipe type: Dessert
We went on a pretty strict cleanse last month and this is one of the healthy recipes that we'll take from our experience. It really is a guilt free dessert!
- 6 apples of your choice (I used Granny Smith)
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Peel and core the apples.
- Cut the apples into thin-ish slices.
- Drizzle the apple slices with the lemon juice and add the cinnamon and honey.
- Mix with your hands.
- Arrange on a glass pie dish.
- Drizzle with a little extra honey.
- Preheat the oven to 275F.
- Bake until the top is crispy.
- Remove and serve.
I found that the apples stuck to my pie dish, but I didn't want to use oil or grease. I thought that if you added the nuts to the bottom (and the top) that it might help with sticking problems? Might not though! 🙂 Beware, you'll have to soak this sticky dish afterwards.