Simple German pancake type recipe. I made this version quite buttery, so I’d consider this a special occasion dish.
Recipe type: Brunch, Breakfast
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup milk (I used non-fat milk)
- 3 eggs (large)
- ½ stick butter
- GARNISH- with confectioners sugar, syrup, fruit, chile cheese, bacon, whatever you'd like!
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Whisk the eggs very well.
- Add the milk and whisk.
- Mix in the flour and whisk until super smooth.
- Melt the butter in a square Pyrex dish in the microwave to get the dish warmed up.
- Pour the batter over the melted butter.
- Do not stir, just add to the oven, set the timer for 20 minutes and walk away.
- Remove from the oven, turn the dish upside down over a plate.
- It should just slide out.
- Return to puffy side up.
- Garnish and serve.
- We enjoyed tearing off pieces of the Dutch Baby as is!