Grilled corn with a Mexican flare!
Grilled Spiced Corn
Author: Meredith Lacie Fuller
Recipe type: Side, Appetizer
This recipe is best when cooked right before serving. Fresh off the grill! Yummo.
- 6 ears fresh sweet corn, silk removed but husks still attached
- ½ cup finely crumbled grated Cotija or Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. butter or mayonnaise
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Pre-soak the corn for an hour in water (pull back the stalk, so the corn is exposed to the water).
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder and salt, mix and set it aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high.
- Drain the corn but do not remove the husks.
- Pull the husks back down and throw on the grill.
- Turn the corn frequently for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the corn from the grill and allow it to cool slightly.
- Brush the ears evenly with the butter/mayo.
- Dust the corn with the powder mixture.
- Top them with the cheese, parsley/cilantro and drizzle with lime juice.