This exotic sauce can be mixed with yogurt or sour cream for a dip, added to pasta, or used as a marinade!
Recipe type: Sauce
Serves: 1 cup
Bring the flavors of Northern Africa to your dining table! We tried this with a cous cous dish and had a little extra, so we made marinated grilled chicken. Yummy!
- ½ cup fresh extra virgin olive oil
- 10 cloves fresh garlic
- 4 tbsp. ground red chilies
- 1 tbsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp. coriander Seeds
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- Mince or shred garlic cloves.
- Add the cumin, coriander, and the ground chilies with a couple of pinches of salt to a food processor. Grind until fine.
- Saute the garlic with a tbsp. of olive oil. Heat until garlic is golden.
- Add the spices and the rest of the salt and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the sauce from heat. let it cool down a bit.
- Add remaining oil.
- Store in an airtight jar.
- You will only need a tbsp. or two of the sauce per recipe.
- Dilute with more oil, yogurt or cream to make a sauce, leave alone for a rub/marinade.