Spring is in the air! Time to get back to the farmer’s market and pick up some local produce!
Mostaccioli with Springtime Squash
Recipe type: Main, Entree, Casserol
Spring time casserole! Add a little sausage for meat lovers!
- 1 lb. mostaccioli
- 2 cups pasta sauce (store bought is fine!)
- 3 small-medium zucchini/squash
- 1 8 oz. fresh low-fat ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup chopped basil leaves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water.
- Peel long, thin strips from zucchini.
- Combine pasta, zucchini, ricotta, sauce, mint, chives, lemon juice and oil in a large bowl.
- Season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Bake in preheated 375F oven for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with a little extra freshly chopped herbs, optional.