How to make pickled onions for burger toppers, pizzas, sandwiches, pastas…the list goes on and on!
Recipe type: Topping
- 2 large red onions, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Peel and slice the onions to a desired thickness.
- Combine the vinegar, water and sugar and salt in a bowl or jar.
- Mix until the salt dissolves.
- Place the onions into a jar and cover with the brine mixture.
- Marinate for 24-48 hours before using them.
- These onions will only keep for about a week to 10 days in the fridge, so don't make a large batch unless you'll be using it all quickly.