We saw this fun recipe in a magazine and played with it a bit!
Recipe type: Entree, Main
The best thing about putting together a pizza dish is being able to use your imagination with the ingredients! Use what you have on hand! It will most likely work with these cute little pizza skewers!
- 4 metal skewers
- 6-8 button mushrooms, cleaned
- ½ onion, chopped into square pieces
- 2 Italian sausage links, cut into chunks
- ½ red pepper, cut into square-ish pieces
- ½ green pepper, cut into square shaped pieces
- parmesan cheese or mozzarella for topping
- smallest bag of fresh pizza dough that you can find!
- marinara sauce for dipping, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Drizzle some olive oil onto the baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Cut the dough into strips and roll with your hands into a long and thin tube shape.
- Drizzle the dough with olive oil, and sprinkle with garlic herb salt.
- Start skewing those ingredients, alternating one at a time!
- The dough should be weaved every third or fourth ingredient until the piece runs out.
- After you have finished the skewers, place on the baking sheet and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake until the dough is golden and the sausage is cooked through (it it was raw).
- Serve with warm marinara dipping sauce, optional.