Switch up your ordinary grilling seasoning with a little Asian influence. Serve over rice with a grilled veggie.
Soy Flank Steak
Recipe type: Dinner, Grilling, Steak
- 1 lb. flank steak
- ¼ cup lite soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. honey or maple syrup (use what you have)
- 2 tbsp. dry sherry or sake, optional
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. Sriracha
- Trim the fat from the steak.
- Cut several slits in the steak.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Place the steak on the grill and set the marinade aside.
- Now, in a separate sauce pan, bring the reserved marinade to a light boil, stirring constantly.
- Flip the steak and baste with about half of the cooked marinade.
- Since flank steaks are typically pretty thin, make sure no to overcook.
- Serve over rice with a veggie. Add a drizzling of the reserve marinade on top.