I don’t know about you, but we love small bites! These sliders are the perfect portion for you and your little ones!
Turkey Sloppy Joe's
Recipe type: Appetizer, Snack, Lunch, Kids
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, shredded
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 (6 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. molasses
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 dozen + mini buns, cut in half (we used fresh snowflake rolls from our market)
- Brown the turkey and the onion in a saute pan.
- Crumble the meat as it cooks.
- Add the garlic, and red pepper and cook 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Pile the buns high with the meaty mixture, arrange on a serving platter.
- OPTIONAL GARNISH- fresh spring lettuce or arugula mix.