We’re very excited to introduce our new Featured Foodie, Cynthia, with Tasteslikehome.org. She has a collection of amazing preparations, including this super fresh, simple, versatile sauce.
- 1 pound fresh cherry tomatoes (if using other tomatoes, chop them roughly)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup torn basil leaves (use more if you like)
- salt to taste (use sea salt if you have)
- ½ teaspoon minced hot pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (use your favourite)
- Add all of the ingredients except the oil into the mortar and mash, squishing the tomatoes and mixing it with the other ingredients. It does not have to be completely smooth. (Use a bowl and muddler if that's what you have)
- Add the olive and stir in vigorously into the mixture. Taste for seasoning (salt) and adjust if necessary.