The sauce for this simple pan-seared salmon “has just the right amount of sweetness with a small kick that follows close behind.” Thank you to our Featured Foodie, The Kitchen Witch!
Pan Seared Salmon with Maple Chipotle Sauce
Recipe type: Entree
- 4 salmon steaks
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chipotle en adobo
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- For the sauce: mix maple syrup, chipotle and lime juice, add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium high, add oil.
- Lightly salt the salmon, place the salmon skin side down first into the pan, turn heat down to medium and fry 5 minutes on each side or until crisp and brown. If you prefer your salmon well done, finish it in a 350F oven for another 5 to 10 minutes. Let the salmon rest 2 minutes prior to serving.
- Serve with the sauce drizzled over it and garnish with cilantro.