Delicious quiche recipe with super simple crust alternative.
Quiche with Filo Dough Crust
Author: Meredith Lacie Fuller
Recipe type: Breakfast, Brunch
I whipped this together yesterday. We were in the mood for quiche, but didn't have time to make a crust.
- 6 medium/large eggs (2 yolks removed)
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded cheese (I used mozzarella)
- 1 cup frozen sliced mixed peppers
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 roll of frozen filo, phyllo, or fillo dough (whatever you want to call it)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Spread the butter along the bottom of an 8 inch pie tin.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Mix in the spinach, cheese, and peppers.
- Layer the filo dough neatly across the pie tin.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Fold the excess dough under along the edge.
- Pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the quiche sets.