This simple sauce works well for a pasta dish but would be great as a bread dip too! Thanks goes to our Featured Foodie, Jenny, with savourthesensesblog.com for this one!
Green Olive Sauce
Author: Jenny, savourthesensesblog.com
Recipe type: Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup chicken broth (or vegetable)
- ⅓ cup low-fat milk
- 1⅔ cup green olives (pitted and chopped)
- lemon juice (to taste)
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion and 1 tbsp. oil over medium high heat (about 5 minutes).
- Add the garlic and sauté an additional minute.
- Add the broth and milk, then bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, remove the pan from the heat and add the olives.
- Puree with an immersion blender or in a blender.
- Stir in lemon juice to taste before serving over pasta.