Chicken is America’s “favorite” meat, so here’s a recipe that combines our poultry pal with America’s Crock Pot!
BBQ Pulled Chicken
Author: Meredith Lacie Fuller
Recipe type: Poultry, Chicken, Dinner, Lunch, Supper
This is one of our favorite recipes to make for parties or picnics. It doesn't get much easier than this, people!
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 12-16 oz. bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 red or white onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Add the oil and onion to the crock pot.
- Top with chicken breasts and then the sauce.
- Set the Crock Pot at high for about 4 hours or low for 8 hours...depends on how much time you have on your hands. I like to cook low and slow.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove and shred with a couple of forks.
- Place the shredded meat back into the saucey pot and stir.
- It's ready to serve now!
Serve with small toasted rolls or big buns! Great topper for Southwest Taco Salad!