Husband was hungry and I brought this to the table. He devoured it. Super simple recipe under $5.
Gravy Fries with Cheese and Peppers
Author: Meredith Lacie Fuller
Recipe type: Snack, Appetizer
I picked up a ton of veggies at the cute little family farm stand up the street from our house and the green pepper needed to be used ASAP. I decided to whip up an afternoon snack for the hubby. We love poutine and had been saying how much we were craving a big plate of gravy fries with squeaky cheese. I didn't have the ingredients for that, but figured why not tweak the traditional recipe and get our fix...It turned out great!
- 4 handfuls of frozen french fries
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 3-4 sticks of string cheese, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ¾ can of Golden Pork Gravy (10.5 oz. can)
- 2 tbsp. water
- olive oil
- Bake the french fries until crispy.
- Saute the green pepper with olive oil and a little sea salt.
- Pour the gravy over the top of the cooked peppers.
- Add water and stir.
- Once the gravy begins to boil, toss in the cheese bits and stir.
- Plate the fries and top with the bubbling gravy, cheese, and peppers.