My mom-in-law is cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year, but she put Kent in charge of this bad boy!
Kent's Green Bean Casserole
Author: Kent Fuller
Recipe type: Thanksgiving
Cuisine: American, Thanksgiving, Country
We forgot to make this last year and the guys really missed it, so my hubby whipped this up for the table. Yummy.
- ⅓ stick butter
- ½ cup diced red or yellow onions (use what you have!)
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced green beans (Kent used a little more)
- 1 (10.5 oz) can chicken broth plus 2 cups water
- 1 (10¾ oz.) can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- salt and pepper to taste (a few dashes here and there)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Saute the onions and mushrooms with the butter in a saute pan.
- Boil green beans in chicken broth and water for about 10 minutes and drain.
- Add the green beans, the cream of chicken soup, crispy onions, to the onion mixture.
- mix well.
- Transfer to a buttered 1½-quart baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then top the casserole with the cheese and bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until the casserole is hot and cheese is melted.