These adorable holiday cookies will get you in the Christmas spirit in…minutes! Thanks to our Feature Foodie, passoinanteaboutbaking.com.
Iced Sugar Cookies
Author: Deeba, passionateaboutbaking.com
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 8-9 dozen
- Butter – ¾ cup (room temp)
- Castor Sugar- 1 cup (she grinds sugar crystals in her coffee grinder)
- Egg – 1 / beaten
- Flour – 2 ½ cups
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Almond essence/extract – 1 tsp.
- Vanilla essence/extract – 1 tsp.
- For icing: powdered sugar mixed with just enough water to make it thick & flowing, then color with Christmas colors
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Keep 5-6 ungreased cookie sheets on hand.
- Beat the butter and sugar till fluffy and light.
- Add the salt + vanilla essence + almond essence and beat for 30 seconds.
- With a spatula mix in the beaten egg.
- Put in all the flour in one go, and gather together to make a firm dough.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes in wrap.
- Roll out to ¼ inch thickness and cut with assorted cookie cutters.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 12-14 minutes, watching closely so that they don’t get too brown.
- Remove from oven; let the cookies lay on the sheet for a minute. Remove to racks to cool.
- Drizzle icing on cookies.
- Leave to dry over night.
- This recipe makes approximately 8-9 dozen 1 ½” small cookies.
Brought to you by Passionate About Baking