Authentic Italian Hot Pepper Salad recipe sent down through generations in the family. If you can handle the heat, this stuff is absolutely delicious. Very versatile…I ate it on a fresh roll for a mouthwatering sandwich.
Authentic Italian Hot Pepper Salad
Recipe type: Salad
- 2 jars sweet cherry peppers (destemmed, deseeded and chopped into large pieces)
- 1 jar hot cherry peppers (destemmed, deseeded and chopped into large pieces)
- 1 tin of anchovies (finely chopped)
- 1 can of pitted black olives (chopped)
- 3 celery stalks (cut in half lengthwise and then cut into ¼ inch pieces)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- lots of olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Keep the salad on the counter for the first 8 hours, stirring every hour.
- Store in fridge for 48 hours before serving.